Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kutamba School

Kutamba School

{Assembly Video & Pictures}

(Nursery "Kindegarten" class- arean't they adorable?)

Mom and I have been slacking on the blog posts on our Africa trip. Funny how life has a way of creeping back in again.
I did want to post a video on the Kutamba school assembly that the school so graciously gave me while I was taking their pictures. It is one that I love and wanted to share with you.
I traveled with Christine - the Education Director for Nyaka, for 90 minutes up and down very rough roads to get to Kutamba which stands for "healing". Kutamba rests along side a very steep hill.
When we approaced the foot of the hill that leads to the school I imagined being a child and climbing that thing when it's rainy and I've already walked 6 miles.
I laughed when they showed me their soccer field because the ball would just roll down the hill!
I took pictures of all 200+ kids and they were happy to see me. I handed out a small sweetie for each one once they were done.

(Looking back at the school, you can barely see it through the trees but it's up there)

(View from thier soccer field - the school is below it)


This video is a bit choppy because I wasn't ready for video and didn't know how to work my sisters camera.
I just loved hearing their songs, I've watched this video many times and still enjoy it.

I want to make a plug to sponsor these kids and others at www.nyakaschool.org - what they are doing here is amazing for these kids and the community!

Tara

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and video! I feel like I'm there with you.

    ReplyDelete