Friday, August 24, 2012

One week to go... (Lynette)

Everything today seemed to hold my attention. On my way to work, I stopped for a car wash.  Having access to reliable transportation, good roads, ease of checking my email while my car is getting washed, and the availability of water are a few things that all seemed to be a big deal today.  I stopped at Caribou on campus on my way to the building where I work and got ice for cold water.  It was that easy.

I am headed to Uganda where life may not be as easy for people.  I have experienced adversity and struggles during my life and I feel selfish knowing this is only a glimpse of what others on this earth may endure.  Today, I pray for those I will meet, know, love and admire during my visit to Uganda.  I feel like I already know those that God will put in my path, and I am so excited to see them.  And I am thankful.

My journey started with saying "yes" to Tara and "yes" to God.  That was the beginning of this journey for me, and the blessings just keep coming.  It scares me to think that I may have missed this opportunity if I had not stepped up.

Thank you to those who donated toward the underwear that Tara and I are taking to Nyaka.  After removing the packaging and washing them, we ended up with about 30 pounds of cotton undies. Thank you, Mom, for organizing the purchase.  Praise God for our little country church, Peoria UMC, and loving, generous family and friends who shared in their abundance by giving toward the homes and underwear to the organizations we are visiting.  Things we take for granted; blessings to those who don't know what that means.

One week until our adventure.  Thank you for your prayers.   Tara and I value them. 




1 comment:

  1. Great picture! What a blessing to bring such a basic but much needed necessity! Amazing work to all involved!

    ReplyDelete